Tuesday 27 March 2007

Off Island life

This week has been an example of a hectic life.

My wife, Caroline, has started a Post Grad in Primary PE Teaching. This means she has to go to Inverary every 6 weeks for tutorials. I decided to join her, at least for the Friday night in the hotel.

I then traveled onto Glasgow on Saturday morning to help some friends move from a tenement flat (2nd Floor) in Govan to a lovely place called Phantassie Estate but getting the contents of the flat taken down the stairs was fun(Sarcasm really doesn't work on here). Fortunately I messed the turn off for East Linton and missed most of the unloading.

Good luck to my friends Lizz and David with the new job and new life.

Sunday morning we did the final clearing the flat and then I had a massive shopping list for ASDA.......... I hate shopping.

Leaving Glasgow at 2-30pm I collected Caroline from Inverary and hit the 6pm ferry. We actually got home at 9. We still had to empty the car and I had to repack.

The reason for the repack was that I was off on the evening plane on Monday with 2 primary and 1 pre five colleagues. We picked up a hire car and headed south to Kilmarnock.

We were heading to Kilmarnock for A Curriculum for Excellence (ACfE) along with educators from North South and East Ayrshire, East Renfreshire and Argyll & Bute. More about this an a later post

I popped into my previous school, St Michael's Academy, Kilwinning to see old friends. I dropped off the others at Glasgow Airport and headed to Inverary.

I am sitting here now in my hotel having prepared a presentation for my SQH interview in the morning.

I have setup a meeting with the corporate IT manager. Then its back to the airport for the evening flight home.................. and people thought that I would get bored with a small, island school.

Roll on the Easter Holiday's ............... oh yes. I am clearing the land to build the house then.

Good job I love it all

 

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you clear the land and the weather is nice, don't forget the camera. You need to post more pictures of the views from up there to make us jealous ;-)