Tuesday 22 May 2007

Current tv TV 2.0

Over the last few months I have been dipping into Current TV on Sky. It shows a large range of interesting documentaries, Art work, Music videos and I decided to investigate further.

Current Tv Web Site

Over the last couple of weeks I have been exploring the site.

I have come to the conclusion that this is brilliant! It has several sections but the 2 I dip into most are

Watch and Vote

Here you can look at the viewer produced films and decide if its ready for TV. Whole discussions on what needs to be done or if the viewpoint is slanted in anyway. Getting the viewers to actually make some editorial guidance on the channel. You can make your own show and upload it for others to see. So how is this different from YouTube? Because the whole process is not overloaded by teenage boys lighting their own farts. At least not yet.

Make Video & Ads

Here you have help and advice to get you started and help you with the process.

Yes its full of film students trying to show how smart they are but you get some very thought provoking films. One of my favorites so is this.

What do you think?

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great, isn't it? I must admit, I like youtube for what it is, but the diversity of the net provides the capacity for sites such as this. Great as a starter for discussion with kids about presentation and content?