Tuesday 15 April 2008

Design Education - Define Design

A little while ago, ok, 18 months ago. I setup a wiki called Design-Ed.

This was inspired when I did some work in the summer of 2006. I was invited by The Lighthouse, Glasgow, to attend a seminar on design education in Jyväskulä, Finland.

The Design Seminar was organised by the Alvaa Aalto Foundation. It brought together a group 12 of people from all over the world spent a week talking, studying design education. We then produced a concept for travelling education exhibition to get young people to explore Architecture with all their senses.

We decided to try and keep working together using a smartgroup and when smartgroup died I setup a Wikispace but it soon dropped out of use.

I want to try again. Hopefully with more participants.

I would like to ask you, "What is your definition of Design?". I am looking for a short 'back of a T-Shirt' one.

You can leave your definition here in the comments or place it directly onto the wikispace here.

Lots of posts this week. Can you tell I am on holiday and avoiding writing an essay?

No comments: